This event has sold out but another date will be announced soon!
Sign up to our mailing list to be kept up to date with new training and dates!!
This training will look at common issues that arise in the workplace for professionals working with children, young people and ADHD.
This training will focus on:
- What ADHD actually is and help to separate facts from the myths.
- How we can recognise the difference between ADHD and ADD and how ADHD can overlap, appearing very similar to other common co-morbid conditions.
- How we can identify ADHD or ADD within a professional setting and explore how the executive functions effect the ADHD brain.
- Identifying defence mechanisms often created over time and learning how to give the young people an understanding of their differences.
- Look at how you can assist children and young people to understand more about themselves and be able to vocalise what they need, create ways to manage, identify barriers.
- This will include an ADHD Experience which allows the delegates to experience a simulation of what goes in on an ADHD head!
- Look at how ADHD is assessed and diagnosed. What medication is available and what the possible side effects are.
- Think about strategies that we can use to support the pupils in the classroom.
- Re framing our perception of what focus and concentration is.
There will be a question and answers session at the end of the training
There will be refreshments and a light lunch included, please email our office if you have an dietary requirements or allergies.
Become a Friend of SENsational Families for discounts on training and much more.