DLA - Disability Living Allowance for children 

Disability Living Allowance (DLA) for children may help with the extra costs of looking after a child who is under 16 and has difficulties walking or needs much more looking after than a child of the same age who does not have a disability.

DLA Guide

Everyone who’s ever tried to fill in a Disability Living Allowance (DLA) Claim Form will know what a huge and daunting task it can be. Cerebra's step-by-step guide to filling it in aims to help make it that little bit easier for you.

Short Breaks

Short break services give disabled children and young people in Norfolk an opportunity to meet new people and enjoy different experiences.  Short breaks come in all shapes and sizes and give disabled children and their families a break from their caring responsibilities. A short break could last a few hours, a day, evening, overnight or for a weekend. They could take place in or away from the home.

PIP - Personal Independence Payment

Personal Independence Payment (PIP) can help you with some of the extra costs if you have a long term ill-health or disability.

Family Fund

Family Fund is the UK’s largest charity providing grants for families raising disabled or seriously ill children and young people. Last year, we provided 88,407 grants or services worth over £33 million to families across the UK

Anguish's Educational Foundation 

The Charity makes grants to individuals who live in the City of Norwich, Sprowston, Thorpe St Andrew and Corpusty.  Grants are made towards the cost of:

  • School clothing and footwear
  • Residential school trips, for approved educational purposes
  • Fees for further education and vocational training, including necessary equipment
  • University maintenance
  • Further Education courses which run for at least 2 terms
  • Personal tuition in music, the arts and sport where the beneficiary is likely to reach a professional standard in the field
  • Specialist glasses not available through the NHS

Norfolk Trust Fund

The Norfolk Trust Fund is run by Autism Anglia.  You can apply once a year for up to £500.  This can be used for 

  • Essential household items such as a washing machine, cooker, microwave, fridge, bed, tumble dryer or a contribution towards the purchase.   
  • Garden fencing or a contribution towards the purchase, where this is not the responsibility of a landlord or social housing organisation and the safety of a child with ASC is at risk.
  • Days out / holidays or a contribution towards, where the family is not entitled to receive direct payments or respite through Social Care services.   

Merlin Magic Wand

The Charity provide tickets and fund travel grants to families to enjoy their day at a Merlin Entertainments’ attractions, such as LEGOLAND Resort® theme parks, SEA LIFE Centres, and Madame Tussauds.

The Norfolk Millennium Trust for Carers 

The Norfolk Millennium Trust for Carers aims to offer unpaid carers a better quality of life by giving grants for practical items like washing machines and laptops, power packs for wheelchairs and short breaks. Every year the Trust helps hundreds of carers across the county, young and old alike, from pensioners looking after a disabled spouse to children juggling schoolwork and the needs of a poorly parent.

The Caudwell Charity 

If your child has a disability, you could be granted funding from the Caudwell Charity. Though they do not fund building projects, clothing or household appliances, they might be able to help with sensory room equipment and soft play toys.

Children Today Charitable Trust

If you’re looking for special equipment like sensory toys or bikes, the Children Today Charitable Trust could be ideal. Every claim is means tested, but the organisation weighs up the facts sympathetically to try and help as many people as possible.

SENsational Families is registered in England and Wales under charity number 1173051.
Log in | Powered by White Fuse