This section is for any other social care provision reasonably required by the learning difficulties or disabilities which result in your child or young person having Special Educational Needs (SEN) (4)

This may include provision identified through Early Help and Children in Need (CiN) assessments and Safeguarding assessments for children. Section H2 must only include services which are not provided under Section 2 of the Chronically Sick and Disabled Person’s Act (CSDPA) (those will go in section H1).

If your child has residential short breaks and services, arising from their SEN but unrelated to a disability, they should go in this section.

If it is clear that your child will require support post-18, a ‘child’s needs assessment’ must be carried out (5). Your child should not be left without support just because they have turned 18. If your child has provision as a ‘CiN’, this provision can continue while there is an EHC plan (6)

This section should include any provision secured through a social care direct payment.

• Social care provision reasonably required will include any adult social care provision to meet eligible needs for young people over 18 (set out in an adult care and support plan) under the Care Act 2014.
• The local authority (LA) may also choose to specify other social care provision for your child. This may include provision identified in a CiN or Child protection plan
• This section can also state provision which meets eligible needs set out in an adult care plan, where it is unrelated to their SEN but appropriate to include in the EHC plan


4 Special Educational Needs and Disability Code of Practice 2015, s9.69
5 Care Act 2014, s58
6 Children’s Act 1989, s17ZG


SENsational Families is registered in England and Wales under charity number 1173051.
Log in | Powered by White Fuse